For best results:

Find a quite place and at least 5 to 15 minutes of time for reflection.

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Find Happiness Within Yourself

Don't let your happiness depend on something you may lose. ~ C.S. Lewis

Jobs may come and go.  People will come into your life and may leave.  Things can break, fall apart or become uninteresting.  You, however, are with yourself forever.  It's a common saying about leadership in that it is "lonely at the top."  If you are at peace with yourself and you are happy with yourself, then you will never be lonely.  Enjoying the company of others is not the same as needing others for fulfillment.  Seek to be with others but do not depend on them for your own mental health.  Be with yourself and find contentment with your life journey.

1. Close your eyes
2. Breathe
3. Empty your mind
4. As thoughts come in, acknowledge and whisk them away
5. Focus on your breathing
6. Think about the affirmation:



"I will find the happiness I need within myself."
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Hello.
    Nice to meet Lorin.
    First I want to apologize for my text if you see any mistake. My level of English is intermediate.

    I loved the main text of your blog. For some time I work with my clients leadership "conscious" and a fundamental tool is meditation.
    You mention in this paragraph that some scientists talk about the virtues of meditation on leadership. I would greatly appreciate if you could share with me their names or those studies that make that claim. This is my email: juancarlos@jcarrese.com

    Juan Carlos - PCC from Madrid (Spain)
    www.arrese-coaching.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Juan! Thank you so very much for you comment and question. First no need to apologize for you English. It is VERY good! I will email you some information. You'll find there are tons of studies but, I'll email you some places to start. Cheers, Lorin

      Delete